Monday, May 19, 2008

The love of my life...in pie form!


Mmmm mmmm good...chocolate chess pie! Although this was made along with the other desserts for the baby shower, this deserves a post all of its own. Why? Because I said so, that's why! Just kidding. This is my favorite pie of all time. It's so simple but I just love it...to eat it, of course. I've never made it until now but my great-aunt Jeanne always hooks me up when I'm visiting the fam in VA. It's a southern pie...or at least that's what I like to think. Since I do enjoy it so much, why not try my hand at it...one call to her and I had the recipe. It was one of the easiest things I've ever made....but I was so nervous that it wouldn't turn out like hers...oh but it did and I was so happy about that. I had no idea that something so good would be so simple. What are the things I love most about it? The not too-sweetness, the ooey gooey chocolate texture, the way it melts in my mouth. I've never had it with ice cream on the side but I swear I'm going to try that one day soon. So, here goes...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

How could you not want some of this??


Aunt Jeanne's Chocolate Chess Pie


1 9" single pie crust
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 stick of butter (I used light)
2 eggs
1 small can of evaporated milk (5-6 oz)
1 tsp of vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix cocoa with sugar; add melted (but cooled) butter and stir well. Mix in 2 eggs, then evaporated milk and vanilla. Beat for 5-6 minutes. Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake on 350 for 40 minutes or until set in middle. Let cool and chill until ready to serve. It's best served chilled.



4 comments:

Megan said...

Um, could you pass a slice of that pie over to me??!! Just found your blog on the TWD - welcome! However I am going to steal your pie recipe and try it. I'll let you know how it comes out!!!

bethanyjg said...

YAY! I love this pie. It looks so, so good. Thanks for posting this recipe - I sent it to my mom and she said she's been looking for it forever. Truly a southern pie! :)

KMAYS said...

Oh wow! DH would absolutely love this. We were talking about whether I could find a good chocolate chess pie recipe. Can't wait to try it!

日月神教-向左使 said...

ssd固態硬碟 外接式硬碟 餐飲設備 製冰機 洗碗機 咖啡機 冷凍冷藏冰箱 蒸烤箱 External Storage Solid State Drives 關島婚禮 關島蜜月 花蓮民宿 彈簧床 床墊 獨立筒床墊 乳膠床墊 床墊工廠 記憶體 情趣用品 USB Flash Drives Memory Cards 產後護理之家 月子中心 坐月子中心 坐月子 月子餐 SD記憶卡 隨身碟 高雄當舖 高雄汽車借款 高雄機車借款 高雄房屋二胎貸款 高雄汽機車免留車 花蓮民宿 SD記憶卡 高雄汽機車免留車