Monday, September 22, 2008

The late pork...


This recipe should have been posted last week sometime. Yea, you know how it is, time flies when you're having fun. Ha! Anyways, my favorite little caretaker, Lani, invited me over for dinner the week before last while Mike was working crazy hours and she knew I'd be all alone. Whoa is me! Anyways, she served this pork with some awesome crashed hot potatoes (yes, of course, the ones from Pioneer Woman) and veggies. It was delish! So, I decided to try to impress Mike with it. Seriously, easiest pork recipe ever and very impressive... good to serve for guests. You can see Lani's recipe here. I chose to make pork chops instead of her pick of pork loin...they were juicy, tender and so good! Go ahead, make these and impress someone in your life.

Apricot Glazed Pork
pork loin roast or pork tenderloin (I used 4 pork chops)
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 package onion soup mix
2 tbsp. honey mustard

Preheat oven to 375 (oops, just realized I baked on 350 - no biggie). Mix preserves, soup mix and honey mustard in a small bowl. Line a baking dish with foil, leaving enough overhang to fold over the pork and make a packet. Place pork in dish and cover with preserve mixture. Seal foil around meat, and bake until pork is cooked through (the pork chops were perfect at around 50 mins) . Slice and serve with juices.

No comments: