Thursday, June 7, 2012

Weeks 5-8 of alien baby

hello, pregnancy.  Goodbye, Kelly.  Oh, a baby is growing inside of me.  Oh, it's a miracle.  Oh, I must be glowing.  Yea, if by glowing, you mean glowing green.  This little nugget has made its presence known.

Week 5 started with a flight to Spain - super excited about this vaca.  Feeling great, can't wait.  How quickly things change.  Almost immediately upon departure, I start feeling queezy and nauseous.  I never did get sick, thank goodness.  Not one day on our 10 day trip to Spain did I feel great.  I loved Spain, I loved that we were there together and with our friends, John and Leah.  What I didn't love was the exhaustion that had taken over, the nausea that never seemed to leave, and the hatred of all foods presented to me.  I pretty much took a 2-3 hour nap every single evening.  I say evening because those Spanish people do everything late...dinner usually starts after 9:00 p.m.  One day at the train station, I got McDonald's for lunch...oh how delicious it was and it worked for Nugget too. Yay!  Then, on another night, I woke up from a nap at 10:15 p.m. (Mike & John were out drinking while us girls napped).  I called them and requested dinner to be delivered ...McDonald's was the only thing that would do.  So, there Leah and I sat at 11 p.m. eating Mickey D's in Barcelona.  It was divine.

Fast forward to the 2 weeks after we return home.  Pure misery.  Imagine having the flu (minus the vomiting... again, thank goodness!) all day everyday for 2 weeks...or a constant hangover (without alcohol, obvs, since apparently you can't drink while prego).  Just kidding, I know you can't drink while pregnant....not once in these 3 weeks did I even consider wanting to drink...nothing sounded worse actually.  Nugget is in charge of this body, clearly.  Nothing sounds good to eat, everything sounds good to eat, I'm not hungry, I'm starving. This seriously causes concern of being borderline psycho.  If I don't eat, I feel terrible.  When I do eat, I feel terrible. Ugh! The rate at which I can go from not hungry to starving is alarming.  And to make things clear, if this hunger mode hits, you probably want to get out of my way...or get me food asap.

Working became extremely hard.  I felt sick all day everyday.  Everything took me 3 times as long to get done. I found myself staring at the computer screen. Very frustrating - feeling like such a slacker. Anyways, enough of that.

April 20, 2012 - 8 weeks

I thought it would be fun to be up some facts along the way:

How Far Along: 9 weeks on Friday, April 20th

Weight Gain: +1 (it fluctuates so who freakin knows)

Size of Baby Becker: an olive, weighing in at about .07 ounces

Food Cravings: Depends on the moment but french fries typically sound promising. Oh, and bagels.

Food Aversions: Coffee (haven't been able to drink it since week 4), veggies aren't appealing either

No comments: