Sunday, January 10, 2010

Goal for the New Year!

One of my goals for the New Year is to update my blog regularly. Going along with that is to plan a weekly menu of meals each week - and 2 meals should be new recipes that I've never tried before...since I have hundreds of recipes that I've pulled from my cooking magazines and printed from online sources. So, I did pretty well the first week of the new year.

My weekly plan was:

Monday - DYOD (do your own dinner) since we were both working later
Tuesday - Nut Crusted Tilapia, brown rice and roasted baby carrots - NEW
Wednesday - Tacos (with ground chicken)
Thursday - Sweet Mustard Chicken, zucchini and corn on the cob (all grilled) - NEW
Friday - out to dinner with friends

So, here are the recipes for the 2 new dishes. First up....


Nut-Crusted Tilapia

1 cup of finely chopped pecans
4 tilapia fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs)
milk (used fat free)
flour (used whole wheat)
salt and pepper
canola oil

Season both sides of fish fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour first, then milk, then coat thoroughly with pecans. Heat a thin layer of canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fish until just done, turning once (about 5 mins total).

Serves 4

Roasted Carrots

Toss with olive oil until lightly coated. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary (or thyme). Spread out on baking sheet. Bake on 400 for 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.

No comments: