Mike sampled this at our grocery store, Publix, and came home with the recipe card for me because he thought it was so good. So, I decided to give it a shot. It turned out really well and I will definitely be making this again soon.
Beef and Broccoli
12 oz fresh broccoli florets, rinsed
1 1/2 lb beef skirt steak
1 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp ginger spice blend paste
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp lite soy sauce
2 tbsp dry sherry (I omitted)
1) Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces; place in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until almost desired tenderness. Meanwhile, slice steak thinly.
2) Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan; stir to coat. Add steak, garlic and ginger paste; cook 3-4 minutes or until meat is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. While steak cooks, combine remaining ingredients (except broccoli) in a small bowl until well blended.
3) Stir broccoli and sauce mixture into beef. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens and broccoli is desired tenderness.
1 3/4 cups of reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tbsp lite soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 green onions, rinsed and sliced thinly
1 medium red bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 1/4" pieces
2 cups instant brown rice
1 cup of frozen green peas and carrots
1) Combine broth, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large saute pan. Bring to a boil.
2) Stir rice into boiling broth mixture and return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Remove from heat; stir in onions, peppers, peas and carrots. Cover and let stand for 5-7 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
Source: Publix Apron's Simple Meals