Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet Mustard Chicken

I have to admit this wasn't a completely NEW recipe, but I'd only made it once before and that time I made it according to the recipe, using pork. It was absolutely delicious and I decided to give it a try with chicken. The result was great. I do think, however, that the pork hold the marinade flavor better but I would still make it again with both pork and chicken. The marinade mix seemed very odd to me but it really turns out delicious. Mike also grilled zucchini and corn on the cob for a delicious and very healthy meal.


Sweet Mustard Chicken (or Chops)
3 or 4 chicken breasts or pork loin chops
1/2 cup mayo (I used light)
1/4 packed brown sugar
1/4 cup prepared mustard (I used spicy brown)
2 tsp seasoned salt (I just used kosher salt)
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
In a small bowl, mix mayo, brown sugar, mustard and salt. Whisk in vinegar. Pour into a large ziploc bag; add chicken or pork. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
Discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer says 160 degree, turning occasionally.
Yields 4 servings.

No comments: