I've tried making lasagna once before in the crockpot. It was good, but I wasn't completely satisfied. For that particular recipe, you were supposed to break the noodles into small pieces and then you just stir everything together and let it cook. On this second attempt, I wanted to do something that would produce a layered lasagna so I gave it a shot. There is a lot of room in this recipe to add or change whatever you would like....veggies, sausage, etc. It's a basic recipe but it was delicious. I'm really not that picky when it comes to lasagna ...as long as there are noodles, meat and a lot of cheese. This recipe doesn't disappoint in those areas. It basically melted in my mouth...perfect!
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz package of no-bake lasagna noodles
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I used a little more than 1 jar actually)
1/3 cup of milk (I used ff)
15 oz of ricotta cheese (I used part-skim)
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar
1 cup of 6 cheese italian (shredded)
1. Using a little olive oil, add onion and garlic to a saute pan. Then add beef. Over medium heat, cook until completely browned. Add sauce to meat and simmer for a few minutes.
2. Mix milk with ricotta cheese, add egg and mix completely. Add shredded cheeses and mix well.
3. Using cooking spray or crisco, cover sides and bottom of crockpot.
4. Pour 1/4 of meat mixture into crockpot, then a layer of noodles (you will probably need to break them in order to fit), followed by a layer of the 1/3 cheese mixture. Repeat 3 times. Then top with remaining meat mixture. Make sure all noodles around the edges are covered with sauce
5. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.