Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A TWD Rewind

I've been thinking about this week's pick for awhile now. Dolores over at Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity (very original name, don't you think?) picked Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream. As much as I love ice cream, that one just didn't 'scream' at me, if you know what I mean. I guess I could've tackled it by hand, but I'm not sure how well that would go over with my very first ice cream making experience. Sure, I watched my grandmother make it many times but it was always with her trusty little maker. And as much as I love me some ice cream, I surely didn't want to mess it up on my first try. What if that made me hold a grudge against all ice cream...forever? Yea, ok, that's going a bit overboard...never gonna happen. The leaders over at TWD gave us a chance to pick a past recipe if we didn't have an ice cream maker...yea, I went for that option. I remember seeing these brownies (French Chocolate Brownies, to be exact) on everyone else's blog so I thought I should go ahead and add them to my list of completed Dorie recipes.

These were very easy to whip up and they are very tasty. I left out the raisins and the rum (not to keen on raisins), and I also used semi-sweet chocolate chips in place of the bittersweet chocolate. I baked for exactly 50 minutes. Delish and perfectly moist!

I went back and checked out some of the blog entries when this was the pick of the week. Here are some eye-catching ones. Just click on any of the blogs listed and you can find the recipe (new rule: only the person who chooses the recipe can post the recipe).

Better yet, you can just go buy Dorie's book Baking: From My Home to Yours. If you want to check out the blogs to see the blueberry ice cream entries, just head on over the TWD website.


Spending Tuesday night with 2 of my favorite friends. I mean 2 of my favorite foods, of course! :-)

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Ahhh...someone besides me that didn't make ice cream. Yea.

Anonymous said...

These look great! This was one of my favorite TWD recipes.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

I loved this recipe!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks fabulous and is on my must try list!

Alicia said...

Those are the most moist brownies I have ever seen! It looks like heaven on a plate

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Mmmmm brownies!!!!!

Jules Someone said...

Glad you enjoyed them! I liked the rum because it was fun to set the raisins on fire. ;-)

Sharon said...

Your brownies look great...they would have gone perfectly with this ice cream. I definatly recommend you try it at some point.

Jaime said...

yours look great! you didn't get the thick layer on top like i did the first time :) i made them again and realized it was due to over beating the eggs