Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mac&Cheese is good for you...

Warning: This is not a healthy recipe. My aunt gave me this recipe awhile back but hers apparently used less cheese. When I wrote the recipe down, I somehow thought she said more cheese. Anyways, now Mike won't let me use less cheese because he said it's too good this way and we shouldn't sacrifice. haha. If you are feeling brave, go for it...you will enjoy!

Mac & Cheese

3/4 lb of noodles
1 small velveeta block (cut into small chunks)
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1/2 stick of butter (I did use light!) (cut into 4 pieces)
1 cup of shredded cheddar
salt & pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Cook noodles as directed on package. In a sauce pan, heat evaporated milk on medium. Add in butter to let melt. Slowly add in chunks of the velveeta, stir and let melt before adding more. Stir occasionally so the cheese does not burn onto the bottom of the pan. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Once noodles are drained, pour into 9x13 baking dish. Pour melted cheese mixture over top and stir throughout. Bake on 350 for 15 mins (until cheese is bubbling in pan). Top with shredded cheddar and return to oven. Bake until cheese on top is melted and browning...about 10 minutes. You don't want the cheese in the noodles to thicken too much so that it will still be creamy.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I love mac and cheese!

Anonymous said...

I might make this when we get back home from the holiday weekend... I compulsively try new mac and cheeses... *giggles*

Shauna said...

Why oh why do I have to be watching what I eat right now?? That looks so amazing. Maybe when DH and I get a little further along on our "getting in shape" goals I will have to try this as a splurge. :o)

Jenny said...

Alright, if you say it's healthy, I'll back you up on this. I love Mac and cheese! More please!